Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Widgets

Great Covers - La Santa Cecilia -"One" by U2


I am a fan of covers especially when done right. Today, I've decided to highlight one of my favorite renditions of a classic song: 

Los Angeles based, Latin-Grammy nominated genre-fusing band, La Santa Cecilia has been known to make some brave and bold covers. Their ingenious take on U2's One moved me so much from the first time I heard it. The arrangements & vocals are spot on. They made this song sound so different by augmenting in a way that made sense to their style. With a powerful voice like La Marisoul's they can pretty much cover anything and do it justice.

For the better part of 2012, I kept tweeting to U2 with the hopes that they would hear this version, but Bono is too busy trying to save the world. One day soon he will hear it.

This is one of my top Latino bands to watch in 2013. They are currently working on their first full length under the production of  Sebastian Krys whose worked with several top Latino acts. I am looking forward to hearing new music from this gem of a band.

Enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment